I am an amateur writer!

I am currently completing my M.F.A. in Creative Writing so If I can help you in your writing in any way, I will.



Sunday, October 6, 2019

Damn you KILLING EVE!!! OR should I say thank you!

At the beginning of this year I had a goal of finally publishing my novel. It was done to my satisfaction and I felt it was time to take a huge leap and finally get it published. I had selected the best self-publishing company I could find and was ready to fork over the dough to be done with it......UNTIL...........KILLING EVE on BBC!! I was sitting on my couch minding my own business when a promo for a show called Killing Eve lept on my tv screen. IF YOU COULD HAVE SEEN the look on my face you would run for cover. You see, Killing Eve was the clever name of my novel that I had been working on for over 15 YEARS!!! I was too through. Done....wanted to see who I could sue, but there was nothing I could do. And even though some would say, "publish it anyway with that name", this is my baby, my second child, would you still name your baby the name you chose knowing the skank around the corner already named her child the same name.......NOT I! But this has turned into a blessing, through research and other life changes, as well as thinking of a new name I came to the conclusion that I want to revamp the storyline of my novel. I'm taking it into a different direction that may open it up to a completely new market and a new demographic. And so far, the changes I have made are mind-blowing and so exciting. I cannot wait to unleash this beast and Its all thanks to Stinky BBC and Killing EVE! TAKE IT...TAKE THE NAME! I got a better one!

No comments:

Post a Comment