I am an amateur writer!

I am currently completing my M.F.A. in Creative Writing so If I can help you in your writing in any way, I will.



Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Top 10 authors list!

Day 2 of the 30-day blog challenge! First, Disclaimer: opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and some are full of $*^t. With that said, today I will be posting the Top 10 List of African American Authors (Dead or Alive). If you feel that I have missed one or two please post up and let me know. SO, here it goes! 1. Langston Hughes 2. Toni Morrison 3. Alice Walker 4. Zora Neale Hurston 5. James Baldwin 6. Maya Angelou 7. Octavia E. Butler 8. Nikki Giovanni 9. Angela Davis 10. W.E.B. Dubois All of these authors hold a very special place in my heart and mind. Which one of these authors changed your life, changed your mind, changed your heart? OR did I miss one that you would like to add?

6 comments:

  1. Hi this is a great top ten list. I'd have to say that Maya Angelou is one of my favorite authors. She really uplifted me with her magical words Ive read two of her books as a teenager "Still I Rise" & " I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" these poems really opened my mind. She had such a beautiful spirit also. I know her physical presence is missed but her spirit still lingers among us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats what I love about writing, even though they are no longer in the physical we still speak their name daily , this keeps them alive.Toni is really my favorite, bluest eye is one of the first books I ever read! Thanks so much for visiting my page.

      Delete
  2. Peace Sis, I personally do not take much note of authors, may be I need to get more into reading so I have a consistent author I purchase my books from. But for the most part I read whatever my eyes and spirit is drawn to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, reading is fundamental...lol. But for real it will definitely help with your journey! thanks for visiting my page.

      Delete
  3. Peace queen! I love your list. Maya Angelou, Zora Neale Hurston, Toni Morrison are all apart of my top authors list. Another one of my favs is Sista Souljah.Why the Caged Bird Sings was the background song to my childhood along with Their Eye Were Watching God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming to my page, those three authors are definitely my favorite.

      Delete