I am an amateur writer!

I am currently completing my M.F.A. in Creative Writing so If I can help you in your writing in any way, I will.



Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Sorry I neglected you! 30 day blog challenge

Long-time no post...I am starting a 30day blog challenge and this was definitely necessary. I have been neglecting you Kimbi but no longer baby! I have been extremely busy writing and rewriting my novel, and working 2 jobs and being a single mom, so blame my busy schedule, not my heart. It was finished and now it is being completely revamped for a completely new audience. I am extremely excited about it and cant wait to finish but it is a long process. I have to completely re-read and change some things and add some things but it has given me a new perspective and brand new ideas that would not have been had I published the beginning of this year as I planned. As I read my previous submission I can tell I have grown a lot as a writer and should definitely use this platform to allow others to post their work also. So, they can continue to grow, also. I still have so many ideas that have not come to fruition yet, but it will be on hold while I place all of my focus on this re-write. But hold on to your girdles once this is done I have screenplays and other volumes of this novel in the works. When I received my Masters in creative writing I wondered if it would really benefit the writing process. I can say wholeheartedly that it was and is beneficial. I would not have finished the original version of the book had I have not had to submit it as my thesis and even though I am changing so much of the original manuscript it still has the heart of the original. This is all a work in progress so with anything special it takes time, (this is 20 years in the making and its finally coming into fruition.) I am sure some would like it if I posted some of it in my blog and from time to time (since I have this 30-day blog challenge.) I may, from time to time, post bits and pieces for your in-depth scrutiny(cringe!!!) Don't hurt my feelings too bad....I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my $**t!

No comments:

Post a Comment